Crystal13

Crystal~just another book addict~

I mostly read romance, erotic, historical, chick lit, whatever I can get my hands on.

Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Thomas Hardy, Tim Dolin, Margaret R. Higonnet
Shadowfever
Karen Marie Moning
Gone Girl
Gillian Flynn
Race to Kill (Love and Scandal, #1)
Rachel Kall

Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5)

Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5) - Kristen Ashley 3.5 Stars

Zara (Cookie) and Graham (Ham) have had a "friends with benefits" relationship for years off and on. Zara has to call it quits because she is getting married. Ham lets her walk away from him that day.

Yes, we have a Ham and Cookie...

Three years later...

Zara is now divorced, papers signed. She sees Ham on the news. He was attacked by a serial killer (from the first book in this series) and calls him and they get reconnected. He comes back to see that Zara's life is tougher than it was before. Her financial situation isn't great and he has decided to take it upon himself to take care of her.

Zara is definitely hesitant as Ham has always been a "free spirit." He never stays in one place for long so she doesn't want to start depending on him. Ham decides he needs to prove to her that he is in this for the long haul.

"Drove away from you nine years ago, knew it was wrong then, didn't know that it was the biggest mistake I'd make in my life." ~Ham

"Best woman I ever met."

"Cookie, pay attention. I'm gonna give you everything."

Final thoughts,
It was good, but not great and it wasn't long enough for me. It definitely felt anticlimactic. I love KA's longer books so I hope she goes back to these. The last few have been shorter and disappointing to me.

Check out our hilarious commentary for this epic Buddy Read!

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.