Crystal13

Crystal~just another book addict~

I mostly read romance, erotic, historical, chick lit, whatever I can get my hands on.

Tess of the d'Urbervilles
Thomas Hardy, Tim Dolin, Margaret R. Higonnet
Shadowfever
Karen Marie Moning
Gone Girl
Gillian Flynn
Race to Kill (Love and Scandal, #1)
Rachel Kall
Uncommon Passion - Anne Calhoun My favorite Anne Calhoun book to date! Loved it!

There was so much about this book that I loved. A strong female lead, a hot cop with inner demons, hot sex, and a wonderful storyline.

Rachel

Rachel is from the fundamentalist community (cult), Elysian Fields and has led a very sheltered life. She felt like she no longer fit in there and escaped to be the person she always wanted to be. She wants to experience life and all of the emotions in it since she has been so sheltered. She's also a virgin.

Ben

Ben is a cop with a lot of issues. He doesn't want to get attached to anyone. He doesn't want to care about anyone. He thinks he is happy just the way things are in his life.

Ben and Rachel meet at a bachelor auction that her employer is hosting as a fundraiser. Ben wasn't even supposed to be there but it filling in for a buddy. Rachel decides she wants to experience Ben so she buys him for an evening. Rachel wants Ben to take her virginity. She wanted someone who wouldn't care and she thought after their date, she would never have to see him again.

Ben does figure it out and he is pissed. They work out an arrangement where Ben will teach her everything he knows in the bedroom. He doesn't want a relationship so he thinks it is perfect.

She is a fast learner because the honey scene, HOT!

Of course, feelings can only stay out of the picture for so long as they get to know each other outside of the bedroom.

Rachel gets to experience all kinds of emotions that she has never had to deal with before Ben. Will one of them be love?

"...maybe you shouldn't fall in love with the first woman you make love to."

"Maybe I made love to her because I'd already fallen in love."